Country Practice Retreats
The format is similar to the highly acclaimed rural retreats originally conducted by Rural Doctors Workforce Agency. Our Doctors' Health SA Country Practice Retreat is supported by a Grant from Country SA PHN and we have engaged original facilitator, Dr Maria Gardiner, to lead the program in February 2018.
The program has been rigorously evaluated and the results show that over 80% of GPs who have attended have made significant and lasting changes in their life.
Rural GPs attending this Retreat will:
- discover that they have choices which ultimately influence their quality of life
- make decisions about what they would like to change to improve their lives as rural GPs
- develop strategies (including time management, communication, self-talk, self-awareness, saying no, dealing with -perfectionism etc) to assist with change
- deal with obstacles or barriers to change, including internal (self-talk, high expectations, perfectionism) and external (workload, others’ demands, lack of resources, financial and family pressures) barriers
- network with other rural GPs and share strategies for dealing with the challenges of rural practice
The Retreat will run over 1 and half days, 24th & 25th February 2018, starting at 9am on the Saturday morning and concluding 12noon on the Sunday.
There is no registration fee thanks to the Country SA PHN Grant and some financial support is available for accommodation at the Oaks Plaza Glenelg Pier. Doctors’ Health SA encourages GPs to bring their families for the weekend as well.
**To ensure the full impact of the program numbers are limited to 12 GP participants.
REGISTRATIONS & ENQUIRIES
Download and complete this Country Practice Retreat Registration Form and either email to Kiara Cannizzaro or fax to 08 8232 4116. Enquiries can be emailed to Program Officer, Kiara Cannizzaro – firstname.lastname@example.org.
What previous participants said about the Retreats:
“For the first time in 12 months I’ve actually been relaxed”
“Highlighted some of the simple ways I can decrease time commitments at work and increase the time with family"