Crisis and counselling services
Doctors' Health SA - 24/7 Support Line 8366 0250
- Available to medical practitioners and medical students
Crisis Care Unit phone 13 16 11
- Counselling and practical help for individuals and families in any type of crisis.
- Available 4pm–9am Monday to Friday and 24 hours on Saturday, Sunday and public holidays.
Lifeline phone 13 11 14
Lifeline provides confidential telephone counselling. The free service:
- Is staffed by trained volunteers who are supported by professional staff
- Provides advice on relationship problems and personal wellbeing
- Helps people who may be thinking about suicide
- Is available 24 hours, 7 days a week
- Website www.lifeline.org.au
CRANA Bush Crisis Line
Toll free 24hr Telephone Counselling every day of the year - call 1800 805 391 - for ALL remote health workers/service providers and their families.
Suicide Call Back Service 24/7
Suicide Call Back Service is a nationwide service that provides 24/7 telephone, video and online professional counselling to people who are affected by suicide - phone 1300 659 467 -www.suicidecallbackservice.org...
After Hours Psychiatry Clinic for Doctors & Medical Students only (Clinic in Melbourne, but also able to do telehealth consults) Dr Helen Schultz, Consultant Psychiatrist- website here.
SA Regional Access (24/7 telephone & online counselling support to rural SA only)
Living Hope phone 8277 4033
- Counselling for people with any type of crisis.
- Filipino, Greek and Italian interpreters can be arranged.
Bereaved by Suicide Support
Living Beyond Suicide - Metro South Australia service - website here. A free program providing practical and emotional support to families and individuals bereaved though suicide. Please call 1300 761 193 or email email@example.com to find out more.
Standby Suicide - Country South Australia service - StandBy Support Mobiles: 0437 752 458 (South) 0438 728 644 (North) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - flyer available here
Alcohol and drugs
Al-Anon and Alateen phone 8231 2959
- Support for people affected by the alcohol problems of relatives or friends.
Alcoholics Anonymous phone 8346 3255
- Counselling and support if you have an alcohol problem.
Alcohol and Drug Information Service phone 1300 13 13 40
- Counselling service for people with drug and alcohol problems and their family and friends.
Narcotics Anonymous phone 8272 8228
- Support for people affected by the drug problems of relatives or friends.
Families & Colleagues
Domestic Violence Helpline phone 1800 800 098
- Counselling for victims of domestic violence and their concerned friends.
- Counselling for people who commit domestic violence.
- 1800 Respect support services - www.1800respect.org.au
Gambling Helpline phone 1800 060 757
- Counselling, information and referral for people who are concerned about their own, or another person’s gambling.
Protection and safety
Victim Support Service phone 8231 5626 – country callers phone 1800 182 368
- Counselling and information for people who have been a victim of crime.
- 9am–5pm Monday–Friday.
Yarrow Place Rape and Sexual Assault Service phone 8226 8787 (country callers 1800 817 421)
- Emergency medical and counselling services for people who have been raped or sexually assaulted.
- Yarrow Place can help you report assault to the police, but you do not have to involve the police.
MensLine Australia phone 1300 78 99 78
- A unique telephone and online support, information and referral service, helping men to deal with relationship problems in a practical and effective way.
- Available 24/7
You can call DHSA at any time (24/7) on 8366 0250 for urgent, confidential advice. You will speak with one of our experienced and caring General Practitioners.