Rural Doctors' Retreat - June 2024
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST FOR JUNE RURAL RETREAT
We are pleased to host another of the highly acclaimed rural retreats, we invite rural doctors from across South Australia to attend on the weekend 22 and 23 June 2024.
This event is supported by a Grant from Rural Doctors Workforce Agency and we have engaged original facilitators, Dr Maria Gardiner and Mr Hugh Kearns from ThinkWell to lead the workshops. The program has been rigorously evaluated and the results show that over 90% of rural doctors who have attended have made significant and lasting changes in their life.
The program has been rigorously evaluated and the results show that over 90% of rural doctors who have attended have made significant and lasting changes in their life.
Rural Doctors attending this Retreat will:
· discover that they have choices which ultimately influence their quality of life
· make decisions about what they would like to change to improve their lives as rural GPs
· develop strategies (including time management, communication, self-talk, self-awareness, saying no, dealing with -perfectionism etc) to assist with change
· deal with obstacles or barriers to change, including internal (self-talk, high expectations, perfectionism) and external (workload, others’ demands, lack of resources, financial and family pressures) barriers
· network with other rural doctors and share strategies for dealing with the challenges of rural practice
There is no registration fee thanks to the Rural Doctors Workforce Agency and some financial support is available for accommodation. Doctors’ Health SA encourages doctors to bring their families for the weekend as well.
To register your interest, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Retreats have been accredited by MIGA for 5 Risk Management points.
What previous participants said about the Retreats:
“For the first time in 12 months I’ve actually been relaxed”
“Highlighted some of the simple ways I can decrease time commitments at work and increase the time with family"