Country Practice Retreat - July 2019
The format is similar to the highly acclaimed rural retreats originally conducted by Rural Doctors Workforce Agency. This Doctors' Health SA Country Practice Retreat is supported by a Grant from Country SA PHN and we have engaged original facilitator, Dr Maria Gardiner, from ThinkWell to lead this workshop in July 2019.
The program has been rigorously evaluated and the results show that over 80% of rural doctors who have attended have made significant and lasting changes in their life.
Rural Doctors attending this Retreat will:
· discover that they have choices which ultimately influence their quality of life
· make decisions about what they would like to change to improve their lives as rural GPs
· develop strategies (including time management, communication, self-talk, self-awareness, saying no, dealing with -perfectionism etc) to assist with change
· deal with obstacles or barriers to change, including internal (self-talk, high expectations, perfectionism) and external (workload, others’ demands, lack of resources, financial and family pressures) barriers
· network with other rural doctors and share strategies for dealing with the challenges of rural practice
JULY DATES: Starting 9am Saturday 13th & Sunday 14th (finishing at noon on Sunday)
There is no registration fee thanks to the Country SA PHN Grant and some financial support is available for accommodation. Doctors’ Health SA encourages doctors to bring their families for the weekend as well.
**To ensure the full impact of the program numbers are limited to 10 rural doctor participants.
REGISTRATIONS & ENQUIRIES
“This has been accredited by MIGA for 5 Risk Management points"
What previous participants said about the Retreats:
“For the first time in 12 months I’ve actually been relaxed”
“Highlighted some of the simple ways I can decrease time commitments at work and increase the time with family"