In recent years the research around doctors' and medical students' health and wellbeing has been slowly growing. This page will provide links to research that has been conducted across the world and in Australia. The evidence is growing that we must invest more into ensuring our doctors own health and wellbeing is a priority that ultimately ensures quality patient care and positive health outcomes.
- MABEL Survey - Medicine in Australia: Balancing Employment and Life Australia's national longitudinal survey of doctors - latest report here and you can participate by visiting their website here.
- Winston Churchill Memorial Trust of Australia - Dr Caitlin Weston final report - "Burning out - International Approaches to Clinician Wellbeing" - 2018 - view report here.
- The Australian Journal of Rural Health - "Effectiveness of cognitive behavioural coaching in improving the well-being and retention of rural general practitioners" article here.
- Rural Doctors Workforce Agency - Maria Gardiner and Hugh Kearns Retaining rural doctors - An evaluation report on Country Practice Retreats (2002-2006) view here.
- The BMJ has published a range of articles on themes which relate to clinician wellbeing. Find them all here.
- The New England Journal of Medicine - To Care Is Human — Collectively Confronting the Clinician-Burnout Crisis - 2018 - view here.